As #BeHeard17 approaches, TruArtSpeaks is offering a free workshop series for young poets looking to prepare.
Write to Be Heard is a spoken word workshop series for any young (13-19 years old) poets, MCs, or writers looking to refine their craft and build with other artists. Whether you’re a poetry slam vet wanting critical feedback on your newest piece, or someone who is just getting started in the world of spoken word, this opportunity is for you.
All workshops are free, and run from 4-6pm (note: Friday’s workshop will end at 5pm due to library building hours)
- Monday: Idea generation, perspective and truth-telling
- Tuesday: Turning ideas into poems through the use of concrete language and specificity
- Wednesday: Refining our imagery/ideas and challenging both ourselves and our audiences
- Thursday: Revision: critical questions to ask
- Friday: Performance tips, tools, and tactics
We hope to see you there! Feel free to email info@TruArtSpeaks.org with any questions.